||[Feb. 25th, 2003|10:18 pm]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
So far there have been 42 downloads and not a single person has left a comment.|
From this I must assume one of several things...
1. Those 42 people found it so exciting they've been doing nothing but trying it out ever since, heedless of the risks of RSI's.
2. They were so disgusted that X,Y or Z didn't work, that they won't deign to reply.
3. None of those 42 people are members of lj_clients and hence the rest of you haven't the faintest idea what I'm talking about.
4. The program had unforeseen lethal side-effects and none of those 42 people lived to tell the tale.
I have posted the source code here.
4. The program had unforeseen lethal side-effects and none of those 42 people lived to tell the tale
2003-02-25 12:56 pm (UTC)
I know the feeling, man.
Sometimes posting to lj_clients
is like talking to a potted plant.
Wow, if you managed to kill 42 people, you have done better than everquest and Oj combined!!!
2003-02-26 09:01 am (UTC)
Heh. Maybe they'd make a film about it: "A deadly mobile phone app that kills anyone who uses it...it's THE RINGTONE!". Sound too derivative?
i have downloaded the "client", but i hasn't got the time to test it yesterday.
I don't know people who download a programm, test ist and then after 3 hours write a comment.
Give the people more time...
Sorry. You're right, I am being a bit prissy, but this was the first program I've released for myself (i.e. not through my employer), so I instantly started getting paranoid.
I think it started when, after uploading it midletcentral, I downloaded the windows version of the Nokia dev suite (I developed it on the linux version), and it started complaining about various things like "This should have been compiled with the target 1.1 switch" and so on. Things that the Linux version let pass. I started imagining those 42 people all cursing my name and getting litigious :)