|hacked together client
||[Feb. 26th, 2003|08:31 am]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
I have a quick hack at a pyglade client for livejournal. Right now its suitable for use only by me, I'm afraid as there are hardwired constants, filenames and so on, but I didn't find most of the available linux clients entirely congenial. (To be fair, I'm not sure I find this one congenial either - but part of the point is to use it as a testbed.) I also wanted to add the ability to add quotes, urls, and a couple of other things (currently with hardwired formatting). I'm also doing this as I've been thinking about (and experimenting with) ideas for something more configurable and personalizable that I can use for a few other things as well. |
It requires python, glade, pyglade, pycurl and a hacker, but if anyone is interested it only took me a few hours to put together (a grand total of 200 lines of python plus the glade stuff) and now seems to work. Sort of -- I've made two whole successful posts with it, but I've been peering at debugging output for a bit before trying it live.
If anyone might want a copy of this, let me know. I'll be fiddling with it but user friendliness is not a major concern for me, so its likely to remain a hackers toy unless someone wants to work on it.