?

Log in

No account? Create an account
MMSLJ 1.1 - LiveJournal Client Discussions [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
LiveJournal Client Discussions

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

MMSLJ 1.1 [Jun. 1st, 2003|08:14 am]
LiveJournal Client Discussions

lj_clients

[tla]
A new release of my MMS -> LJ gateway script is available for download.

This version adds subject line functionality, uses hpassword instead of password for posting, and allows images other than JPEGs to be posted. It also removes the need to edit the script before you use it.

Credit to vzaliva for all but the last change.
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: dk379
2003-07-18 12:03 am (UTC)
i wrote a patch which applies to your older version + original patch by vzaliva. please tell me what you think.

btw, thanks for a great code! of course, it can be improved even more! ;-)
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: tla
2003-07-23 12:59 pm (UTC)
Thanks! I will take a look at it shortly.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: vzaliva
2003-08-01 10:18 am (UTC)

new patch

I got new phone (SonyEricsson T616) and noticed
that it encloses email TO address in angle brackets, after
which mmsj fails to recognize it. Here is small patch correcting this issue:

ftp://ftp.crocodile.org/pub/mmslj.pl.addr_decode.diff

I also plan to do some other changes. Looks like it
is time to implement charset support since Ericsson,
even for ASCII subject specifies MIME encoding according
to RFC 2047.

It would be great if you can release new version with recent changes from you and dk379, so I can
base my patch on this.


(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: vzaliva
2003-08-01 07:00 pm (UTC)

CVS

I got this new phone and really need to fix encoding issue in MMSLJ to be able to use it.
However source code situation is quite complex:

1. There is 1.0 version
2. There was patch set from me (pl1)
3. There was patch set from dk379 which applies to 1.0 on top of my patches
4. There was 1.1 which takes into account some of my changes, but not ones from dk379
5. There are todays patch from me which applies to my pl1

Frankly, it calls for CVS to resolve this mess. I do not know if you are familiar
with CVS, but they do have mechanism for handling things like this

For starters, on my private CVS server at home I've created CVS repository
for MMSLJ, first importing version 1.0 into vendor branch.

Then I applied all patches from dk379 and me to it.

Next step would be to import 1.1, but web server at eccentricity.org
seems to be down (connection refused).

I am going to import it into vendor branch as soon as I will be able
to download it. Then I can try to merge changes between 1.1 and all our
patches (which are all currently merged in main branch).

I am doing this for personal use, I used to CVS and this is just more
convenient for me to manage sources like this. But if you wish, I
cans send you CVS respository files (they are easily transferrable between
CVS servers) so tla can take over at some point. Best would,
be to establish this as project at http://sf.net/ so people like me and
dk379 could contribute.

I am exited about this script, since I see email as most natural way
to post to live journal not only pictures but texts as well.
As soon as I will fix character set issue I will use it to post to my
Live Journal from my Palm Pilot via bluetooth connection to my
GPRS-enabled phone.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: tla
2003-08-02 07:03 pm (UTC)

Re: CVS

Thank you for pointing out that my webserver was down. That is fixed.

Tomorrow I will release the version with dk379's patches and the patch you sent me yesterday, and that should solve the branching problems for the moment. I will look into putting it on sourceforge, but that will probably not happen tomorrow.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: vzaliva
2003-08-02 08:07 pm (UTC)

Re: CVS

Great! Awaiting new release.

Before I've seen your post I already finished yet antoher
patch. It solves the problem when the phone sends
pictures with duplicate filenames (e.g. SonyEricsson T616 does that).

Here is patch which solves this problem:

ftp://ftp.crocodile.org/pub/mmslj.duplicate_fnames.diff.gz

It assinges files with _1, _2, etc. prefix (it should correctly handle the situation if script is executed concurrently by several processes). Also it have small cosmetic changes of using perl functions for file copy and chmod instead of system() call. This supposed to be more portabe and secure.

For your convenience, here is complete diff with this and all previous changes by me and dk379:

ftp://ftp.crocodile.org/pub/mmslj-1.0pl2.diff.gz

Also here is mmslj.pl file with all patches applied:

ftp://ftp.crocodile.org/pub/mmslj-1.0pl2.pl.gz

Sorry I could not do all these changes against 1.1 version because I was unable to download it.

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: mmsljtest
2003-08-03 12:37 pm (UTC)

Re: CVS

Version 1.2 is up in the usual place: http://www.eccentricity.org/~tla/mmslj-1.2.tar.gz .

The announcement will happen when the moderated post I'm about to make goes through.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)