?

Log in

No account? Create an account
LJ client for macromedia flash - LiveJournal Client Discussions — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
LiveJournal Client Discussions

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

LJ client for macromedia flash [Jan. 6th, 2004|10:25 am]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
lj_clients
[ex_inspirit429]
people? i'm currently trying to make an lj client in flash and faced some problems:
*using XML-RPC Client/Server Protocol*
i need to have win1251 charset support cause i'm from russia thats why i'm sending all the info in UTF-8 encoded characters
so i found the way to convert win1251 to utf-8 via flash and posting messages with subjects quite alright, but when i'm trying to add meta-data items using russian symbols it fails...
the way i did it is the same i post events & subjects but it displays incorrectly in web bowser...
please, help me, if you have any ideas why it doesnt work...
p.s.: sorry for my bad english
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: quirrc
2004-01-06 11:09 am (UTC)
yes, but that's for flat, i don't know if xml is different (in UTF handling, all other is the same). try to send exactly the same strings for mood and text boby to see the difference.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: ex_inspirit429
2004-01-06 11:14 am (UTC)
http://www.livejournal.com/~inspirit/34295.html
--
see what i got
i've urlencode mood, music and event after converting it to UTF-8
sending to XML-RPC
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: quirrc
2004-01-06 12:25 pm (UTC)
it's kinda weird. maybe you have missed smth and encoded twice, because those fields should be the same. the only difference i see is that subject contains english chars and it shorter than other fields while other are longer. you'd better use debugger or at least save your request (if you cant save from flash you can use some packet logger) and when you will use the same strings for all fields you'll see the difference.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: ex_inspirit429
2004-01-06 12:27 pm (UTC)
i didnt urlencoded the subject string... thats why it looks pretty fine
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)