||[May. 10th, 2004|12:21 am]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
ljArchive is a tool for downloading and analyzing journal entries from LiveJournal (or LiveJournal clones). ljArchive allows you to do the following to your journal: |
The site for ljArchive is here.
- Maintain a synchronized, local archive of your journal in the event of an apocalypse (or in the event of deleting your online journal).
- Browse through all your entries in a speedy, local cache.
- Search through your journal for keywords, and browse through search results immediately.
- Export your journal into various formats, such as XML, HTML, PDF (in conjuction with LJBook), and MIDI (yes, MIDI!).
- Run custom plugins on your journal. ljArchive comes with two plugins (word count analysis and post frequency analysis), and more are likely on the way
It's in an early stage of development, but if you'd like to fool around with it, by all means give it a go. Keep in mind you'll need .NET to use it.