Log in

No account? Create an account
LiveJournal not responding to XML-RPC posts - LiveJournal Client Discussions — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
LiveJournal Client Discussions

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

LiveJournal not responding to XML-RPC posts [Jul. 6th, 2004|02:45 pm]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
Starting a few weeks back, using my product, The Journal, to post to LiveJournal started having problems.

I have spent the afternoon bug-hunting, and determined that it's not me. Something in LiveJournal changed, and there's been very little that I can find about what that change might've been. No updates to documentation, for example.

Here's an example of a post that worked before:

POST /interface/xmlrpc/ HTTP/1.1
User Agent: The Journal 3
Host: www.livejournal.com
Content-type: text/xml
Content-length: 119


From: davidrm
2004-07-06 03:05 pm (UTC)
Odd about the user agent. It'd worked that way for more than 6 months...

I have updated the user agent, and then puzzled out the MD5 hashing for the challenge/response stuff for an encore. So I'm good to go again. And my users will be as soon as I roll out the fix.

Thanks for the help.

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: marksmith
2004-07-06 03:07 pm (UTC)
Yes, this is a recent change on our end. The HTTP specification is very specific about what is allowed to be part of headers, and spaces are not allowed to the left of the initial colon.

Best of luck!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)