June 11th, 2002

The client works, dammit!

As of today, the LJPOST client works without any major incidents. The whole code is pretty okay, but I'll have to work things out a bit. The bloody thing is leaking memory somewhere, and I have to plug things up. Gah. Damned C string management. (Oh yeah, C doesn't have real string management.)

I was planning to add a real scripting engine, but I've decided to go small for now. I'm working on a small language that'll allow me to use the client for basic batch processing. I was going to embed Python into it, but I realized that it would be better to just create a separate LJ extension for Python in the first place. Then I thought I'd use the ActiveX scripting engine (as per mart's suggestion). Hmm... will work on it.

  • Current Music
    (in my head) DSound, Spice of Life