( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Of particular note in this version are four new features:
- Charm now has a "quick" mode, where you can post entirely from the
command line, rather than going through the menu tree. Thus, you can
use Charm as a filter to pipe things into, whether it's the output of
Jive or using it as a backend for a mail-to-LiveJournal gateway.
- Charm now has a mass-archival mode, that downloads and saves your
journal posts between a specified pair of dates.
- Charm's friend-checking modes now supports checking specific friend
- Config files can include other config files, so making multiple profiles
for posting to non-LiveJournal sites is easier.
You can get Charm, more documentation, and the detailed list of changes from the Charm home page.
- -e? command line options for creating your 'event'
- -s to autoSend the post without it asking if you want it sent
- -ne to disable the editor (use this with the -e? options)
- -vc to check if there is a new version available (it also does this after every post)
- Lines with ": " now work properly
- compensation for the server's "Database Lock" bug put in place
- removed stray debug messages and printfs. (oops.)
- rewrote the autolinker to be nicer. URLS must start the line, and be the entire line now.
What's next? ;)