6) Go ahead and type an entry. A sentence or ten in one or multiple paragraphs, then click Auto-Fill Subject. Give it a shot. :)
7) Hm... I'm not sure if this is fixable given that the Subject line and the Auto-Fill button are grouped on the panel there. However I could move the Auto-Fill button to the left and accomplish the same thing. I'll look into it.
8) In the version I'm working on now (unreleased as of yet) I've disabled editing in the history window. The logic for using the Update page to edit posts is that I didn't want to maintain Yet Another List of your picture keywords, moods, and other things. As it is they're stored on the Update page and in the Profile, so then I'd have to keep three of them synced, and two already has problems--but not for long! ;)
8a) Hmm... the only problem with this is that bradfitz
might -kill- me for letting it dump that many posts on the server automatically. The first person with 1400 entries who changes all their posts to private only and reposts everything to the server will increase the main database workload by 2%. While that may not seem like much, we're already having problems, so this might not be a good idea. Though, I could possibly write it to have a settable server niceness delay or something... hmm. Worth considering.
8b) Reference comment 8 above.
9) At this point it goes through all of your downloaded items and tells you your longest one. I actually added it as a novelty feature to see what my longest entry is (over 20k, second place weighing in at 17k.) I was contemplating making this option actually dump out an HTML page which you can upload somewhere which shows (and links to) your longest entry, and other stats. (Number of words, all the links you've included, people you've mentioned, all the moods you use, your favorite songs, et cetera.)
10) Yeah. Sorry about that. :) It's something that I threw in without planning out first. Heck, the whole program has been unplanned. Hence the current state of disarray and rearrangement. :)
11) The program doesn't support this yet. It'll be easy to add, I just haven't done it yet. :)
12) Yeah... this is a known issue and is actually a server problem. You can't download your shared journals, it seems. The server responds with an error saying you're not allowed to do that. halkeye
has expressed interest in fixing this, but he's on vacation this week, so eventually... :)
13) Thanks! Glad you like it.
13a) See comment 8a above.
13b) Hmm, that's a good idea. I haven't thought about that. I could also write in an option for you to specify an input .txt or .html template, which you could do use things like
and other coded phrases to insert the parts of your journal. I.e. you could have it print out only your subjects with links to them by having a template like this:
And it would print out an HTML page with your subjects linked to your journal entries. Hmm. I could even put in FTP support so it could automatically upload it to your server! Ohboy. Now I'm getting a bit out there. ;) You get the idea though.
Well okay! Thanks for the feedback. Keep an eye on the lochjournal
community to watch for new releases. I'll probably crosspost to this list too, at least for the Beta release, since that's a significant jump.
Thanks again. :)