|JLJ 2.5 is out!
||[Jan. 29th, 2003|05:32 pm]
LiveJournal Client Discussions
|||||Digitally Imported - Hard House||]|
I just put the finishing touches on JLJ version 2.5. Here's what's new from 2.4:
Many thanks to all of you for finding the bugs! I really do honestly appreciate it! You can snag it here: http://www.cis.rit.edu/~jerry/Software/perl/#jlj
- -e? command line options for creating your 'event'
- -s to autoSend the post without it asking if you want it sent
- -ne to disable the editor (use this with the -e? options)
- -vc to check if there is a new version available (it also does this after every post)
- Lines with ": " now work properly
- compensation for the server's "Database Lock" bug put in place
- removed stray debug messages and printfs. (oops.)
- rewrote the autolinker to be nicer. URLS must start the line, and be the entire line now.
What's next? ;)
It should work. You're limited in that case to the amount of space that your shell allows for length of command line.
if the line needs to be "horrendously long" you can always throw it into a file like "floob.txt" in your profiles directory, then just post with a "-p floob", and it will use that as the body of the message.
well, if jlj.pl has the execute bit set (u+x), and the path to perl is set properly in the jlj.pl script, then you can just do:
./jlj.pl -s -ne -es "subject" ....
if it's not then you'll have to:
perl jlj.pl -s -ne .....